Market Day is October 1, 2022, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Market Day Home
No Rain Date.
How To Be a Vendor
Restaurant and Food Vendors: If you would like to be a part of Market Day 2022, please fill out an application and mail it or scan/email it back to us. Printable Application
The Vendor Experience
The following addresses typical vendor questions. Please also read the Vendor Terms and Conditions.
- Market Day is held outdoors on pavement and all vendors supply & install their own furniture, signs & tents. Crafters cannot stake into the ground; there are limited grassy spaces reserved for colonial reenactors & demonstrators.
- We typically welcome 3000 visitors, but it depends on the weather.
- Electricity is not available, except to musicians.
- No Internet or WiFi; vendors must use their own mobile satellite / LTE data plans to process credit card payments.
- There is no rain date for the event, and the event could be cancelled by organizers due to moderate-to-light precipitation, high winds, or other precarious situations. The event has a history of remaining open during damp, cold, hot, and light drizzle conditions.
- Vendor move-in begins at 7:00 am the morning of the event, and tear down cannot happen until 4:00 pm, or when event organizers officially close the event, whichever happens first.
- All vendor vehicles & trailers must be removed from the event area and parked off-site prior to 8:30 am. Parking in Newtown is free. Vendor parking is arranged in the Stocking Works, 301 S. State St, several blocks away.
- Most vendors are placed adjacent to private residential properties; please be respectful of your assigned space, and please remove all trash when leaving.
- Market Day hosts Revolutionary War reenactors who may periodically discharge their weapons using blank ammunition. This noise is loud and can be startling, especially to infants & dogs.
- Other than colonial demonstrators & reenactors, vendors are not required to wear colonial era costumes – although it can elevate your interactions with guests.
- Newtown Borough Police will be present at this event; please report all suspicious and disruptive activities directly to police officers.
For more information about participating in Market Day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.