• President - Paul Gouza
• First Vice President - William Mahler
• Second Vice President - Barry Fleck
• Recording Secretary - Mary Jo Garner
• Corresponding Secretary - Mary Callahan
• Treasurer - Marge Torongo
Board of Directors
• Keyna Crawford
• Bronwyn Jones
• Betsey King
• Jeffrey Marshall
• Joanne Nardo
• Geno Peruzzi
• Brian Rounsavill
• Susan Thompson
• David Walton
• Parliamentarian - David Mahler
•Honorary Life Director - Charles D. Callahan
• Mrs. Robert A. Sheeran (1964–1965)
• Dr. Raymond V. Hennessy (1965–1966)
• Mr. John C. Cummings (1966–1967)
• Mr. Charles Miller (1967–1969)
• Mr. Richard Walton (1969–1970)
• Mr. John McKenney (1970–1972)
• Mr. Robert Miller (1972–1974)
• Mr. David Mahler (1974–1976)
• Mr. Robert Miller (1976–1977)
• Mrs. Claire Hennessey (1977–1978)
• Mr. C. David Callahan (1978–1980)
• Mrs. JoAnn Nardo(1980–1982)
• Mr. Ernest Millard (1982–1984)
• Mr. Thomas Mayer (1984–1986)
• Mrs. Francella Smith (1986–1990)
• Mrs. Eleanor Janney (1990–1992)
• Mr. C. David Callahan (1992–2000)
• Mr. Paul M. Gouza (2000–2004)
• Mr. C. David Callahan (2004–2006)
• Mr. Brian E. Rounsavill (2006–2012)
• Mr. C. David Callahan (2012–2015)
• Mr. Paul M. Gouza (2015–2018)
• Accessions – Accessioning / de-accessioning
of library archives, holdings, gifts, and special collections.
• Budget & Finance – Preparation of the
annual budget, monthly Treasurer’s report, review of current
investments and insurance coverages.
• Buildings & Grounds – Maintenance, repair
and restoration of the Half Moon Inn (Court Inn), Lauer Property, Boone Gardens,
and other property and grounds.
• Half Moon Inn (Court Inn) & Events Staffing – Staffing
of the Half Moon Inn (Court Inn) for events including Sunday afternoons, the 5th
grade walking tour, and other special events hosted at the Half Moon Inn (Court Inn).
• Education – Outreach programs coordinated
with local schools and other associations.
• Grants – Preparation and submission of grant
• Long-Range Planning – Development and implementation
of long-range strategic planning initiatives.
• Market Day – Coordination and management
of the annual Market Day event.
• Membership – Individual and corporate membership
and fund raising drives.
• Museum Shop & Merchandise – Purchasing,
nventory and sales of museum shop merchandise.
• Open House Tour – Coordination and management
of the annual Open House Tour.
• Publications – Maintenance, editorial review
and publication of the website, newsletters, brochures and other
• Publicity – Marketing and publicity efforts
for all projects and events to be coordinated with local papers,
news agencies and TV & radio stations.
• Speakers & Programs – Speaker and educational
program selection for monthly and annual meetings.
• Ways & Means – Review and approval of
modifications to the By-laws and general procedural and governance
The Newtown Historic Association is always interested in hearing
from individuals who are willing to volunteer to assist with upcoming
events or projects. Please contact the President if you
are able to assist us in any way.